Famed college football coach Lou Holtz once said,
“In this world you're either growing or you're dying so get in motion and grow.”
Unfortunately, the day to day operation of our business leaves us with little of the time and creative imagination necessary to get better. Working in our small business often keeps us from working on our small business.
Peer 151 wants to help local small businesses think strategically, work collaboratively, and market intelligently. We want to be the Small Business Support Group for Belleville entrepreneurs.
By joining Peer 151’s Innovator Initiative, local small businesses gain access to a fresh and optimistic vision that will transform your daily grind into a daily grin.
In addition to connecting you with fellow small business people, we offer programming like our Spring Into Social Series —where entrepreneurs can learn approachable, intelligent, and targeted ways to market through social media.
Why not invest $30 a month in making your small business better? We don’t require contracts at Peer 151 so can explore this relationship risk free!
Click here to start a monthly membership with no future obligation.
Thanks to Marc Bowers and STL Makes for this helpful list:
1) St Louis Makes • Free. Join their social media: LinkedIn http://ow.ly/Lulbu, Twitter www.twitter.com/StLouisMakes,
Facebookwww.facebook.com/StLouisMakes. Nonprofit focused on manufacturing, www.stlouismakes.org
2) St. Louis Product Management Group • Free. Join their LinkedIn group. Nonprofit focused on product management, i.e.: how to improve margins and grow sales, www.stlpm.org
3) Gateway Venture Mentoring Service • Free. Nonprofit providing startup mentoring, www.innovatevms.org
4) Inventors Association of St. Louis • Free. Nonprofit providing resources to inventors, www.inventstl.org
5) The Disruption Department • Nonprofit maker resource for educators and students, www.thedisruptiondepartment.org
6) SCOPE • Nonprofit STEM resource for educators and students, www.scopenational.org
Annual Business Plan Competitions
7) Arch Grants • Cash prizes for startups, www.archgrants.org
8) St. Louis Startup Challenge • Cash prizes for startups, https://main.stlpartnership.com/startupchallenge.html
9) StartUp Connection St. Louis • Cash prizes for startups, innovation showcase/resource fair, www.startupconnection.org
10) Venture Café St. Louis • Free. Weekly. Serendipitous collisions start @ 3:00 p.m. every Thursday at: Venture Café St. Louis • 4240 Duncan Avenue, 2nd Floor • St. Louis 63110, www.vencafstl.org
11) 1 Million Cups St. Louis • Free. Weekly. Televised pitch practice starting @ 9:00 a.m. every Wednesday at Channel 9, www.1mcstl.org
12) ProductCamp St. Louis • Free. Annual product management un-conference, www.productcampstlouis.org13) Vision St Louis • Low cost, not free. Annual inclusion event that includes content specific to diversified manufacturing, www.visionstlouis.com
Incubators and Venues
14) T-Rex • Incubator. Get on their mailing list, www.downtowntrex.com
15) Peer 151 • Incubator. Bellville Il
16) STLVentureWorks • Incubator network, St. Louis City + County, https://main.stlpartnership.com/stlventureworks.html
17) BEGIN New Venture Center at St. Patrick Center • Incubator with a production grade commercial kitchen, www.stlouis-mo.gov/government/departments/sldc/economic-development/business-services/beginnvc.cfm
18) America's Central Port • Incubator. Metro east ~10 minutes from downtown StL, www.americascentralport.com
· Accelerate St. Louis • Free. Online access portal to the St. Louis business growth and innovation community. Includes a regional calendar, www.acceleratestlouis.org
· BioSTL • www.biostl.org
· Capital Innovators • Nationally ranked top 10 startup accelerator program that provides funding, mentorship, connections, and follow-on opportunities, www.capitalinnovators.com
· CIC St. Louis • http://stl.cic.us
· City of St. Louis • www.stlouis-mo.gov
· Cortex Innovation Community • www.cortexstl.com
· Industrial Designers Society of America St. Louis Chapter • www.idsa.org/STL
· IT Entrepreneur Network (ITEN) • www.itenstl.org
· Missouri Partnership • www.missouripartnership.com
· Ranken Technical College • www.ranken.edu
· Saint Louis University John Cook School of Business • http://business.slu.edu
· Southern Illinois University Carbondale • www.siu.edu
· St. Louis Economic Development Partnership • www.stlpartnership.com
· St. Louis Mosaic Project • www.stlmosaicproject.org
· St. Louis Regional Chamber • www.stlregionalchamber.com
· TECH 44 • The Ideas Highway • www.tech44.org
· TechShop St. Louis • CNC prototyping and maker shop. Opening soon, www.techshop.ws
· University of Missouri St. Louis Digital Media Marketing Program • www.umsldigital.com
· Veterans Business Resource Center • www.vetbiz.com
· Washington University in St. Louis • www.wustl.edu
Join us on January 12 from 6:30-8pm for “two talks and a tour”. Hear brief talks from two entrepreneurs who are utilizing Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math to make a living and a difference in their community! Tour the Peer 151 and Replacement Services facility located in the former downtown YMCA and Historic Turner Building. You will also have a chance to learn more about Peer 151’s newest addition, The Junior Code Academy.
Peer 151 is excited to welcome Jr. Code Academy! Peer 151 exists to support innovators. Jr Code Academy exists to equip young people with a love for Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math. We're a perfect match. You can learn more about Jr. Code Academy by visiting their website.